2.06.2012

Weekend Recap

    We had a very busy weekend. Game night two nights in a row and then the ultimate game night, the SuperBowl. Needless to say, we slept in this morning and by we I mean me and Scout. ha. The best way to recap the weekend is by the food I made. First off I whipped up some of the most delicious chocolate chip cookies. I basically had everything to make them and I was having a need to bake moment so 30 minutes later I had 45 cookies ha. Luckily we had plenty of people in and out all weekend to eat them up, so now there are none for me to snack on. I also made the Smoky chicken pasta and it was as good as ever! Saturday morning I made pancakes for the first time. Very easy and so good. I even added some mini chocolate chips. Saturday night I made ham and cheese sliders and some 'healthy' potato skins.' Both were so simple and so tasty. Sunday I made a little chocolate cake in my 7'' cake pans and took it to the Superbowl party. Remember this is the day I start fresh, I knew this all weekend and I ate like it was my last, especially last night. I went to the gym today as promised and am looking forward to tomorrow already. Once Matt gets home it's HOME IMPROVEMENT time for real. We attempted curtains this weekend and it was a disaster, we are going for round 2 today. Fingers crossed. I also have to make a grocery list/meal plan for the week and modify it for our company!!! So excited. 

Smoky chicken pasta & delicious chocolate chip cookies.

Scout's first walk!!

Most favorite picture that has ever happened.

Chocolate chip pancakes!!


In all the excitement of game night I didn't take any pictures of the sliders or the potato skins but here are their recipes:

Ham and Cheese Sliders

24 good white dinner rolls
24 pieces good honey ham
24 small slices Swiss cheese
1/3 cup mayonnaise
1/3 cup miracle whip
[I used 20 rolls, provolone and no miracle whip]

Poppy seed sauce 
1 Tablespoon poppyseeds
1 1/2 Tablespoons yellow mustard
1/2 cup butter, melted
1 Tablespoon minced onion
1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
[ I didn't have any onion to mince still tasty though]

In a small bowl, mix together mayonnaise and miracle whip. Spread onto both sides of the center of each roll. Place a slice of ham and a slice of Swiss inside of each roll. Close rolls and place them into a large baking dish or heavy cookie sheet. Place very close together.
In a medium bowl, whisk together all of the poppy seed sauce ingredients. Pour evenly over all of the sandwiches. You do not have to use all of the sauce! Just use enough to cover the tops. Let sit 10 minutes or until butter sets slightly. Cover with foil and bake at 350 degrees for 12-15 minutes or until cheese is melted. Uncover and cook for 2 additional minutes or until tops are slightly brown and crispy. Serve warm.


Broccoli and Cheddar Skinny Potato Skins
2 medium russet potatoes, scrubbed clean and dry
Spray oil salt and pepper
2 oz Cabot's 75% Light Vermont Cheddar, shredded 
1 cup cooked broccoli florets, chopped


Pierce potato with a fork a few times all around. Place in microwave and cook about 5 minutes per potato. When finished, allow to cool enough to handle. Cut potatoes in half horizontally. Scoop out potatoes leaving about 1/4 inch thick wall. 

To Make In the Oven: 
Heat oven to 450°. Lightly spray potato skins on both sides with oil. Season both sides with salt and pepper. Fill with cheese and broccoli, place on a broiler pan and bake 10 minutes or until cheese is melted.





Try them out!!! YUM! :) xoxo


----Mrs. B. Smith

1 comment: